VW Crafter Campervan ‘Gunther’
Live draw Tuesday 6th September 2022
One of a kind, brand new, High Spec, OFF-GRID conversion, 4 BELTED SEATS, 4 BERTH
115k miles, 9 months MOT
Gunther is a Volkswagen Crafter LWB with a solid German engine that are renowned for their mileage longevity, at just under 115k he is only getting started on his adventures!
Gunther had an MOT (no advisories) & new timing belt kit around May 2022, there’ll be a a fresh service carried out before the draw is taken. He’s also just had a full respray in Raptor and a set of 5 fresh alloy wheels with BF Goodrich all terrain tyres, along with the rear ladder & rear mounted spare wheel, he looks fresh and awesome.
THE CAMPER BUILD
This LWB VW Crafter has been freshly converted to a very high spec & standard by the owner & Master Campervan Craftsman at Northern Conversions. Designed and built to suit their own family as their personal camper, we decided to take it on as soon as we laid eyes upon it and realised it would be our first 4 BERTH camper!
Each campervan Northern Conversions build is bespoke and hand crafted, every part of the conversions (apart from upholstery) is completed in house by their team of Campervan Craftsmen – from fitting Windows, bed pods, diesel heaters, gas and full electrical systems to all of the interior cabinetry. Gunther is no exception to this.
The idea was to be able to belt and sleep 4 (plus dog!), have everything underslung to maximise space and make an “all singing, all dancing” camper with massive solar quantity, hot water, internal shower whilst really standing out from the crowd. You won’t see any shop bought kitchen units, reused door cards or fully carpeted walls in this conversion. It’s simply beautiful.
Gunther has a hand built P shaped pink kitchen and separate unit for the sink which has been crafted with lightweight plywood to give as much storage as possible without compromising on weight. The worktop is 27mm Oak, treated with Osmo oil which gives it an amazing look.
- - Belfast style sink with inset oak chopping board
- - Gold coloured hot / cold tap
- - Thetford Triplex 3 burner hob & oven with inset oak chopping board / cover
- - 80L Dometic compressor Fridge / Freezer
- - Bespoke PINK kitchen units
- - Tiled backsplash
- - Cutlery drawer
- - Underslung water heater
- - Underslung fresh & waste water tanks
- - Smaller opening window
If you really want to live in the wilderness, you might need a shower & loo! Gunther is fitted with an internal shower room which houses a hot water shower and loo.
- - Thetford loo with electric flush
- - Roldour space saving shower door
- - Skylight
- - Gold coloured shower mixer & head
- - Reco surfaces wall lining
- - Hot water powered by a whale underslung Gas & 240v water heater
- - LED light strip
There’s 3 beds in Gunther, which sleep 4 people in total! The main bed area is at the rear which contains a double bed to sleep 2, a single bunk below for the 3rd person and an even smaller bunk below that which was designed for a small dog. The 3rd bed (for the 4th person) is a storable cab bed in the front of the van.
- - Bed pods fitted to the outside of the vehicle which give a much bigger upper bed area (approx. 6ft long, 120cm wide)
- - Small single bed below the double, with decent head room (great for reading a book in bed with a child etc)
- - Small dog bed below the single
- - Beautiful mural within the single bed bunk
- - Gold coloured reading lights within the double and single bunks
- - Huge 500x700 sky light for star gazing from the main bed, this has a with built in flynet & blackout blind
- - Storable comfy cab bed for the 4th person
Living Space / Working & Dining
Northern Conversions have created a great social area at the front of Gunther, this is made up from a double belted bench seat, a small cushioned bench and single passenger swivel, effectively giving a seating area for 5 people!
- - 2 additional belted seats
- - Lagun swivel table with oak top, which gives a flexible space
- - Overhead cupboard for games, snacks and anything else you fancy!
- - Passenger single swivel seat
- - 2 USB Ports
- - Double 240v socket
- - Maxxair MaxxFan
- - The Autoterm diesel powered air blown heater is housed in the smaller seat, ducted to the center of the camper to keep you toasty in the winter
- - Custom over cab storage area
- - Bespoke bench upholstery from the legends at Wagtail Campers
Garage / Back of Van / Outside
The garage houses the fully off-grid electric set up, with 3 options to charge the van. (split charge while driving, solar power or electric hook up) plus an external shower for washing off the sand after a day at the beach, washing the dog or having a shower in the wild!
Under the van you'll find a whale underslung water heater, refillable gas tank along with fresh and waste water tanks.
Up on the roof you wont see much apart from solar! Boasting 4 solar panels giving a total of 400W means you’ll be taking full advantage of any sunshine! Of course, there had to be space for the Maxx air fan, bed and bathroom skylights.
- - 400w German cell solar panel array
- - Victron Multiplus 1200w inverter / charger
- - 230ah lithium ROAMER battery (podbase)
- - Victron Cerbo GX electrical monitoring and control system with LCD display
- - Victron Smart Shunt
- - Victron MPPT solar controller
- - Victron Orion DC-Dc charger (“split charge system”)
- - Fresh & waste water level indicators
- - Digital gas level indicator
- - External electrical hookup
* Gas safety and weighbridge certificates given, for peace of mind and the ability to rent out the camper if desired.
- - 2.0 LWB Volkswagen Crafter
- - MOT until May 2023
- - Recent timing belt replacement
- - Freshly serviced
- - Recently fully resprayed with Raptor
- - Brand new upgraded all terrain BF Goodrich tyres
- - Brand new gunmetal grey alloy wheels
- - Rear mounted spare wheel
- - Rear door ladder, giving access to clean the solar panels
- - 2 remote keys
- - New radio
- - Year: 2012
- - 4 belted seats
- - Power steering
THE CONVERSION COMPANY
Northern Conversions Ltd is a family run business based in the North East of England (Morpeth, which is just north of Newcastle).
They convert standard panel vans in to beautiful, one off bespoke campervans with each one being built to suit its new owner – from a weekend warrior to a full time home!
Each build is completed in-house with all work *apart from upholstery* being carried out by our close team, that means everything from windows and skylights to full off grid electrical systems with all of the cabinetry in between.
They pride themselves in being a company which steers away from the rat race and lets their team enjoy their own lives. All of the team work flexible hours (based on their own lifestyle) in a stress free environment which allows the creativity to flow whilst building beautiful campervans.
Northern Conversions are proud to support the environment by running a climate positive workforce through Ecology.